If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you’re an Illinois fan and that you enjoy the community we’ve built here at The Champaign Room. We’ve got an opportunity for you to become a bigger part of our community in a meaningful way.
The Champaign Room is looking for its next site manager, so keep reading to see if this is the perfect fit for you.
What does the role entail?
The site manager will be responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Illinois sports and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for Illinois and news and is already familiar with The Champaign Room.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, and a sports-related writing sample via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about the application process, The Champaign Room, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and The Champaign Room are dedicated to bringing you coverage of the Illini from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and qualifications do not exactly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.