CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Illinois returns to the field Saturday against a scuffling Wisconsin team. Lovie held his weekly press conference Monday afternoon. He wasn’t too pleased.
- “If you saw the score, you kind of saw how it played out.” 46-7.
- “We thought we had a better gameplan than we had.” 46-7.
- “Hopefully we get a couple guys back, and I know we’ll play a lot better than we did this past week, with this upcoming game vs. Wisconsin.”
- “We made mistakes. We didn’t perform.”
- “We can talk about that Purdue game the rest of the time we’re here. I don’t have any answers for you. We’ve started the process (of looking ahead). For our football team, whether you win or lose, we have to move on.”
- “Go back to work.” That’s the plan going toward Saturday.
- “Weren’t a whole lot of positives. Started strong. Blocked the PAT. When you’re talking like that, when you get beat that bad, there’s not a whole lot.”
- “We’re going to see that from (Sydney Brown). He’s going to get better every week.” Brown had one interception (first career) and 12 tackles.
- “When you have a 3-3 record and you the play the way we have defensively, you can’t talk about a lot of positive things.”
- “Wisconsin has a system — a commitment to the run. We’ve played a lot of spread offenses. Wisconsin will huddle. There is some old school flavor to that.”
- On RB Jonathan Taylor: “He’s definitely a scholarship player.” That’s an answer.
- Also on Taylor: “Taylor has excellent speed, runs low to the ground. He can break one on the outside... We’re gonna need to be more sound than we have been in the past.”
For vintage inspired, high quality, and well-designed University of Illinois apparel, check out Fourth and Kirby, and look for the TCR Collection while you’re at it!