Hi folks. Because Jim is planning on stepping aside from a managing editor role in the near future, that means we’re looking for new management here at TCR.
If you love Illinois Fighting Illini sports, writing, and the idea of running your own site, we'd love for you to be the new TCR manager. Here's what that person does:
- Writes multiple articles about Illinois sports each week
- Manages a staff of other writers, editing, and scheduling their work
- Runs (or delegates) the site’s Facebook, Twitter, and other evolving social platform accounts
- Makes sure the site publishes enough to grow
- Trains other writers in SB Nation best practices (headlines, formatting, etc)
- Maintains a growing and vibrant community and ensures it is welcoming for everyone
- Improves the site’s ability to use video, audio, and other multimedia in stories.
This is a part-time contracted position and comes with a monthly stipend. Previous writing experience isn't required (but it does help), but a familiarity with social media tools, an understanding for what is news and how to find it, and a self-starter attitude are required.
If you’re interested in applying, you can do so here.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.