EDIT: Due to extreme demand, we’ve closed off the league. It is set at 20 teams. Thanks for your interest!
Illinois baseball might not be having a great start to their season, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a great start to your fantasy baseball season. The Champaign Room fantasy baseball league is back for another year of fantasy fun and YOU’RE invited to join!
If you were in last year’s league, you should have received an email from ESPN inviting you to rejoin. If you’re new to the fantasy baseball scene, just comment your email below or send me a private message with your contact information and I’ll add you to our league! Last year we had 12 teams, but we can go up to as many as twenty.
As for the league settings, things can (and probably will) change depending on how much interest there is, but here's a few loose guidelines:
- It'll be a daily roster set, meaning you can change your lineup every day before the players' individual games start. No weekly lineup locks to frustrate you with.
- Last year’s scoring system was typical 5x5 head-to-head scoring. This means that each team in the league will go head-to-head with another team each week. The winner of each matchup is determined by 10 categories (whoever wins the majority of the categories gets a win for the week). Five categories are for offense (runs scored, home runs, RBIs, stolen bases and batting average) and the other five are for defense (ERA, WHIP, strikeouts, saves and quality starts earned).
- We'll use a pretty basic set of scoring categories. This league is meant to be for fun, so don't worry, stats like OBP or slugging percentage won’t be included.
- A specific draft date and time hasn't been determined yet, but the MLB season is only a few weeks away, so the sooner the better. The deadline for folks to join the league is next Wednesday, the 29th of March.
- The invites will be on a first come, first serve basis. We can have up to 20 teams in the league, but once you hit 18-20 teams the player pool starts to get really deep and will subsequently require more research prior to the draft. Just let us know in the comments below if you're interested and we'll send you the invite. Once (or if) we hit 20, we'll have to cut it off.