Postgame Notes (via Illinois Athletics)
- Illinois shot 55-percent for the game and 60-percent in the second half, good for its second-highest field goal percentage in a half this season. The Illini set a season-best mark in the second half against NC State with a 67.9 field goal percentage.
- The Orange and Blue are now 6-1 when outshooting its opponent.
- The Illini held IUPUI to just 28 rebounds in the game, a season-low for Illinois opponents.
- Illinois has now shot better than 50-percent in all seven wins this season.
- In eight of 10 games this season, the Fighting Illini have shot better in the second half than the first half.
- Illinois is shooting 51 percent in seven games at State Farm Center (214-420), compared to just 38 percent in three games away from home (63-166).
- Senior guard Malcolm Hill scored a game-high 32 points in the win and moved up two spots to No. 16 on the Illini all-time scoring list, passing Jerry Hester and Frank Williams. Hill now has 1,441 points in the Orange and Blue.
- Tracy Abrams tied his season-high with six assists, his third 6-plus assist game of the season, and set a new season-high with four steals. He also inched closer to becoming the 49th player in Illinois history to score 1,000 points, finishing the night with 996.
- Leron Black scored 16 points tonight, his fourth-straight game with 15-plus points, and led the team with nine rebounds. He hit 4-of-6 FG and 8-of-9 FT on the night. The eight made FT is a new career high.