Illinois News & Links
- Help TCR support the Navy Team in this year's Lift For Life! The Champaign Room is helping Illini football raise awareness for Acoustic Neuroma by sponsoring the Navy Team in this year's Lift For Life. For more information, click here.
- Illini making noise at the U.S. Open. Brian Campbell is T-4 after the first round at Chambers Bay thanks to an opening score of 67 (-3)--he's two strokes back of the leader Henrik Stenson. Nick Hardy is also T-26 after shooting an even par; his highlight of the day came on hole 12 (par 4) when he came literally one inch away from recording an ace. You can click here to follow along with the leaderboard.
- Tyler Jay, Stephanie Richartz named Athletes of the Year. Illinois Athletics has announced that Tyler Jay (baseball) and Stephanie Richartz (Track & Field) have been named the 2014-15 Dike Eddleman Athletes of the Year (Link).
Collegiate News & Links
- McElwain gives $5,000 to former Colorado State player. Your feel-good story of the day comes out of Gainesville, where Jim McElwain helped a former player in a time of need (Link).
- A&M chancellor makes fun of Texas for selling beer at games. Since everything that happens in the state of Texas is cause for Longhorns and Aggies to look down upon each other, a radio interview produced the following quote a day after that news (Link).
- The U-19 Team is the future of USA Basketball. With four high school players making the cut for USA Basketball's U19 team, some of the country's best young talents will be on display in Greece later this month (Link).
Professional News & Links
- LeBron James openly defied David Blatt during the Finals. According to ESPN's Marc Stein, James was ignoring and at times disrespecting coach David Blatt as much as ever (Link).
- Corey Crawford drops f-bomb during parade. Never change, Corey. Never change (Link).
Follow The Champaign Room on Twitter at @Champaign_Room and Like us on Facebook. You can follow Jim Vainisi on Twitter at @JimVainisi.