Illinois News & Links
- Help TCR support the Navy Team in this year's Lift For Life! The Champaign Room is helping Illini football raise awareness for Acoustic Neuroma by sponsoring the Navy Team in this year's Lift For Life. For more information, click here.
- Tyler Jay signs deal with Minnesota Twins. The Illinois LHP has signed a $3.9 million deal after being selected with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2015 MLB Draft. Look for him to make some appearances out of the Twins' bullpen later this season.
- Jason Goldstein to return for senior year. The Illinois catcher has announced that he'll be returning for his senior year--he was selected in the 17th round of the MLB Draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers. Goldstein hit .286 with eight home runs and 47 RBIs this season.
- Donnelly, Martinez named Newcomers of the Year. Wrestling's Isaiah Martinez and volleyball's Brandi Donnelly have been named the 2014-15 Fighting Illini Newcomers of the Year (Link).
- Rayvonte Rice works out with Pistons. The former Illini guard was in Detroit on Wednesday for another pre-draft workout (Link).
Collegiate News & Links
- What if Texas joined the Pac-12? Five years after the beginning of the conference realignment gold rush, SB Nation looks at how different things would be if one rumor had come true (Link).
- Australia might host two college football games next year. Co-Big 12 champions Baylor could open the 2016 season in Australia against a Pac-12 opponent. The school is in the process of negotiating the game and it has not yet been finalized (Link).
- Army vs. Navy won't change CFB Playoff. The College Football Playoff has found a way to include the annual Army vs. Navy game in its consideration. Neither team has participated in the national title chase in decades, but their unique scheduling could've thrown the Playoff system into a minor wreck if not accounted for (Link).
Professional News & Links
- GM Bowman wants to bring back Desjardins, Kruger. Blackhawks general manager said he'd love to bring Andrew Desjardins and Marcus Kruger back next year when he met with reporters Wednesday for the end-of-season press conference (Link).
- Clippers officially unveil new logo. Steve Ballmer revealed Los Angeles' new logo on Wednesday's episode of Conan (Link).