New Scholarship Offers
None! (That we know of)
News & Notes
- Charlie Moore ('16 PG) and Da'Monte Williams ('17 PG) took unofficial visits to Illinois on Saturday. They were joined by Morgan Park head coach Nick Irvin, who's the brother of Mike Irvin (Mac Irvin Fire director).
- C.J. Walker ('16 PG) took an unofficial visit to Illinois on Sunday.
- Kris Wilkes ('17 SF) is in Champaign on Tuesday for an unofficial visit; he's currently rated as a five-star prospect (No. 18 overall) by 247Sports. He'll also be visiting Kentucky on Saturday.
- Paul Scruggs ('17 PG) will be visiting Kentucky on Saturday and plans to take other visits to Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan State.
- Joey Brunk ('16 C) has given a verbal commitment to Butler; he held a scholarship offer from Illinois.
- Michael Porter Jr. ('16 SF) has cut Illinois from his updated list of 17 schools. The future star held an offer from the Illini, but this doesn't come as much of a surprise because it didn't appear the program was actively recruiting him.
- June 15th was the first day that college coaches were able to contact 2017 recruits over the phone. Here's a list of players that Illinois reportedly contacted--there are most likely a lot more that haven't been made public.
- Jordan Poole ('17 SG)
- McKinley Wright ('17 PG)
- Christian Negron ('17 PF)
- Jeremiah Tilmon ('17 PF)
- Justin Smith ('17 SF)
- Charles Payton ('17 SF)
- Javon Pickett ('17 SF)
- Justin Roberts ('17 PG)
Have a recruiting question? Post it in the comments and we'll answer.
Follow The Champaign Room on Twitter at @Champaign_Room and Like us on Facebook. You can follow Jim Vainisi on Twitter at @JimVainisi.