Illinois News & Links
- Mike LaTulip will redshirt the 2015-16 season. The Illini senior will redshirt the upcoming season and use his final year of eligibility at another school (Link).
- Rayvonte Rice had a pre-draft workout with the Bulls. The former Illinois standout was in Chicago on Monday to showcase his skills to the Bulls' front office (Link).
- Busy recruiting weekend for Illinois basketball. Four recruits have visited Champaign since Friday, including a Kris Wilkes--a five-star 2017 prospect--on Tuesday.
- Kevin Duchene signs deal with Oakland. Illinois' ace signed a $300,000 deal with the Oakland Athletics, who picked him in the fifth round of the MLB Draft.
Collegiate News & Links
- 2015 Big Ten Football Guide. Check out SB Nation's 14-team preview of the Big Ten Conference. There's an article dedicated to each program and they contain literally everything you need to know (Link).
Professional News & Links
- Blackhawks win 2015 Stanley Cup. Chicago has won their third championship in the last six seasons after defeating the Lightning 2-0 in Game 6. Duncan Keith was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy (playoff MVP) after tallying 3 game-winning goals and 18 assists in 23 games postseason contests (Link).
- Cubs promote Kyle Schwarber to Majors. The Chicago Cubs have called up stud catcher Kyle Schwarber from Double-A Tennessee; he'll be with the team for 6 games (temporary DH) before being sent to Triple-A Iowa (Link).
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson. The Los Angeles Clippers and Charlotte Hornets have agreed to trade Lance Stephenson to Los Angeles in exchange for Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes (Link).
- New England receives Super Bowl rings. The Patriots debuted their latest championship rings and they're enormous (Link).
Follow The Champaign Room on Twitter at @Champaign_Room and Like us on Facebook. You can follow Jim Vainisi on Twitter at @JimVainisi.