Illinois Fighting Illini News
5 Dimes Casino and Sportsbook released their 2015 win total prop bets on Tuesday morning. Illinois' line has been set at 3.5 wins, with over bettors priced at -140 and under bets getting even money.
Illinois has officially hired a Chicago law firm to further investigate the claims of coaching mistreatment from several former women's basketball players.
Mike Thomas also announced new steps to 'strengthen health and wellness support for student athletes. The release included the following:
- Hire a consultant to identify potential risks related to workplace misconduct and mistreatment of athletes
- Have the university’s executive director of ethics and compliance speak at the annual athlete orientation
- Create an ombudsman position to serve athletes
- Implement a "conduct expectation for coaches" document
- Increase training for coaches
- Review the athletic department structure to ensure proper oversight
- Establish a leadership council
For more, check out this story from the Chicago Tribune.
Sophomore defender Hope D'Addario has been named to the United States' U23 National Team for the Four Nations Tournament in Norway. The four team tournament runs from May 27 through May 31 and includes the United States, Norway, Sweden and England.
Does 'Jurassic Park' violate Title IX? - SBNation
Sometimes SB Nation asks Texas A&M's Assistant Director of Compliance Brad Barnes real questions about the NCAA, but most often they try and ask the dumbest things possible.
See who's favored to win 2015's 20 biggest college football games - SBNation
The college football season is still three months away, but we have early betting odds for some of the year's biggest games, via 5Dimes.
THE READ OPTION (5/26/15): Backflip catch trends nationally - SBNation
Did you go outside instead of keeping up with college football news during your three-day weekend? Get caught up here!
Follow The Champaign Room on Twitter at @Champaign_Room and Like us on Facebook. You can follow Jim Vainisi on Twitter at @JVainisi005.