New Scholarship Offers
Illinois News & Notes
- Marcus LoVett Jr. ('15 PG) has committed and signed with St. John's; he selected the Red Storm over Illinois and Memphis. He was John Groce's last recruiting target in the class of 2015, so it's officially time to move on to 2016.
- Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham is considering Illinois, Dayton, Mississippi State, and Colorado State. The freshman forward received a scholarship offer from the Illini after visiting Champaign a few weeks ago. He's have three years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2015-16 season.
- Xavier Simpson ('16 PG) plans to visit Illinois, Iowa, and Iowa State before making a decision. Simpson, who's considered to be a STRONG Xavier lean, cancelled his announcement this week.
- C.J. Walker ('16 PG) cut his list to Illinois, Butler, Florida State, Wichita State, Xavier, Pittsburgh, and Missouri. He's already scheduled visits to Butler (6/26) and Xavier (6/7).
Big Ten News & Notes
- Caleb Swanigan ('15 PF) has officially signed with Purdue. The 5-star prospect originally committed to Michigan State before flipping to the Boilermakers.
- Maryland had landed Duke transfer Rasheed Sulaimon. That's a huge addition to the Terps' roster--expect them to open the season at No. 1 in the rankings.
- Michigan transfer Max Bielfeldt has cut his list to Indiana, Nebraska, and Iowa State. He'd be immediately eligible as a graduate transfer.
Have a recruiting question? Post it in the comments and we'll answer.
Follow The Champaign Room on Twitter at @Champaign_Room and Like us on Facebook. You can follow Jim Vainisi on Twitter at @JVainisi005.