New Scholarship Offers
Derek Culver | '16 PF | Warren, OH
Derek Culver is currently rated as the No. 46 overall recruit, and No. 11 power forward in 247Sports' composite rankings. The 6'8 forward currently holds offers from Illinois, West Virginia, Marquette, Memphis, and Tulsa.
Click here to see the Illinois Basketball scholarship grid.
Illinois News & Notes
- Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham (SF/PF) visited Champaign on Thursday; the Illinois native was a former top-100 recruit in the class of 2014. He'd have three years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2015-16 season.
- Still no news surrounding Marcus LoVett Jr. ('15 PG). What we do know is that it's the middle of May and he hasn't taken any official visits yet--not a good sign.
- UT Arlington transfer Johnny Hill has committed to Purdue; he visited Champaign last week.
- Alterique Gilbert ('16 PG) wants to visit Illinois and Louisville next month; he recently narrowed his list to Illinois, Louisville, Syracuse, UConn, and Texas. Oh, and he apparently grew up as a fan of the Orange.
- According to reports, Xavier Simpson ('16 PG) is looking to decide his school sometime in the next month. The Ohio native is rumored to be leaning towards Xavier and there's been talk of a package deal with AAU teammate Jarron Cumberland.
- Paul Scruggs ('17 PG) and Nojel Eastern ('17 PG) received offers from Michigan State.
- DaMonte Williams ('17 PG) picked up an offer from Bradley.
Big Ten News & Notes
- Caleb Swanigan ('15 PF/C) decomitted from Michigan State last week. Purdue was immediately rumored to be the 5-star prospect's next destination, but Kentucky and California are the other major players in the recruitment. Head on over to our friends at Hammer and Rails if you're interested in Swanigan updates.
- Tyus Battle ('16 SG) committed to Michigan. The 5-star New Jersey native had offers from Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, and pretty much every other major program in the country.
- As mentioned above, Purdue landed UT-Arlington transfer Johnny Hill. If you can believe it, the Boilermakers' point guard situation is worse than Illinois' so he's expected to come in and be the starter.
- Michigan transfer Max Bielfeldt visited Lincoln this week. It appears that he's down to Nebraska and Northwestern after receiving a waiver that allows him to transfer within the conference.
Have a recruiting question? Post it in the comments and we'll answer.