Source: LoVett Camp Sending Mixed Signals - Big Stage Hoops ($$$)
Morgan Park PG Marcus LoVett took the ACT on Saturday and released an ordered list of schools. St. John's was at the top, while Illinois was listed at third.
Villanova Transfer Dylan Ennis to Trim List - ZagsBlog
Villanova transfer Dylan Ennis will trim his list to three or four schools in the coming week and Duke is among the programs making a run at the veteran guard.
Thorne feels 'good vibe' about Illini - News Gazette
"Looking at the team, I’m a piece that can really be utilized here," Thorne said. "I’ve never been to the NCAA tournament, and that’s something I want to do. I feel like adding me to the team, that helps our chances of not just going to the tournament, but going far."
News & Notes:
- John Groce met with Hinsdale South's Barret Benson ('16 C) on Monday.
- ESPN has released their final 2015 class rankings and the Illini check in at No. 17 nationally; Jalen Coleman-Lands is No. 33 and D.J. Williams is No. 61.
- Villanova transfer Dylan Ennis has apparently cut Purdue from his list--we're not entirely sure. The initial tweet said the list was narrowed to 6 schools (both Illinois and Purdue were cut), but it was deleted/corrected shortly thereafter. Assuming the latest version is correct, it's strange that he'd only eliminate one program. We'll keep you updated on the situation.
- Miami FL transfer Manu Lecomte has committed to Baylor; the Illini were one of several teams that had expressed interest.
- Alterique Gilbert ('16 PG) met with Jim Boehiem on Monday and picked up an offer from Syracuse. UConn also met with him on Tuesday morning.
- C.J. Walker ('16 PG) will have an in-home visit with Indiana later this week.
- DaMonte Williams ('17 PG) has received his first D1 offer from UIC; he's the son of former Illinois guard Frank Williams.
Nolan Narain ('16 PF):