Illinois sophomore forward Malcolm Hill has been named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week after a dominating performance against Penn State on Saturday. Hill logged a game-high 27 points, including the game-winning field goal with less than five seconds remaining, to lift the Fighting Illini to a two-point victory over Penn State.
Some other Malcolm Hill statistics from the press release:
Shot 10-of-15 (.667) from the field and was 4-of-5 (.800) from three-point range to go along with four rebounds
- Recorded his third 20-point outing of the season, and his 19th scoring effort in double figures
- Averaging 17.9 points per game over the last seven contests
- In conference play, ranks fifth in the Big Ten in scoring at 16.9 points per game
- Earns his first career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Illinois Player of the Week: Rayvonte Rice (Dec. 30, 2013)
Michigan State's Branden Dawson also shared Player of the Week honors after he tallied 17 points (6/7 shooting), 11 rebounds, tallied 4 steals, and 2 blocks in a 71-51 victory at Rutgers.
Ohio State's D'Angelo Russell took home Big Ten Freshman of the Week thanks 18 points, a career-high 14 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2 steals in Ohio State's 80-56 win over Maryland.
Follow The Champaign Room on Twitter at @Champaign_Room and Like us on Facebook. You can follow Jim Vainisi on Twitter at @JVainisi005.