After nine weeks of the regular season, the College Football Playoff committee has finally released their top 25 rankings. The polls will continue to come out every Tuesday night leading up to the reveal of which four teams are headed to the CFP on December 31st. Without further ado, let's take a look at the rankings.
1. Clemson -- the other Tigers are taking the ACC by storm and boasts a strong home victory over No. 8 Notre Dame
2. LSU -- the Tigers have one of the best players in the nation in RB Leonard Fournette and have a big game looming against Alabama
3. Ohio State -- the Buckeyes are 8-0 but their starting QB JT Barrett was suspended for this weekend's game against Minnesota
4. Alabama -- the Crimson Tide have chance to vault into the top four teams if they can beat LSU in two weeks
"First Four Out"
5. Notre Dame -- the Fighting Irish only have one loss so far this year, and that was by two points to the #1 ranked team on this list
6. Baylor -- the Bears are the highest-scoring team in the country and will face their biggest test soon against No. 8 TCU
7. Michigan State -- the Spartans are still undefeated despite some close calls but face a huge game against the undefeated Buckeyes in a few weeks
8. TCU -- the Horned Frogs are hoping things don't turn out like they did a year ago, but to do that they'll need to remain perfect
The Rest of the Pack
|14. Oklahoma State||8-0|
|16. Florida State||7-1|
|18. Ole Miss||7-2|
|19. Texas A&M||6-2|
|20. Mississippi State||6-2|
And here's a visual look at the bracket:
What do you think of the initial CFP rankings? Drop by in the comments below to give us your thoughts!