The picture continues to get clearer and clearer as we progress through the college football season, but for some teams it is as murky as ever. Two somewhat-underrated teams that still have perfect records, Oklahoma State and Iowa, continue to climb into the national picture, while the Pac-12 conference essentially took itself out of the CFP discussion now that every team has suffered at least two losses. A reminder that the polls will continue to come out every Tuesday night on ESPN leading up to the reveal of which four teams are headed to the CFP on December 31st. Without further ado, let's take a look at the rankings.
1. Clemson -- the Tigers continue to steamroll through the ACC as they defeated Syracuse on the road to move to 10-0
2. Alabama -- despite an early-season loss to Ole Miss the Tide are continuing to roll (and rise) in the rankings
3. Ohio State -- the Buckeyes are boringly good; they lack style points but are still undefeated ahead of a matchup against MSU
4. Notre Dame -- the Fighting Irish have still only lost once this year - and that was by two points to No. 1 Clemson
"First Four Out"
5. Iowa -- the Hawkeyes just won't go away; they're still undefeated after toppling Minnesota to move to 10-0 on the year
6. Oklahoma State -- the Cowboys are still undefeated after coming back from a double-digit deficit to beat Iowa State
7. Oklahoma -- the Sooners suffered a bad loss to Texas but their stock is rising after defeating Baylor in Waco
8. Florida -- the Gators are a quiet 9-1 and have clinched the SEC East; can they continue to vault up the rankings?
The Rest of the Pack
|9. Michigan State||9-1|
|14. Florida State||8-2|
|17. North Carolina||9-1|
|22. Ole Miss||7-3|
And here's a visual of the bracket:
What do you think of the initial CFP rankings? Drop by in the comments below to give us your thoughts!