After a weekend that saw Bama down Leonard Fournette and LSU, Nebraska upset Michigan State on a controversial final play, and Clemson back up their No. 1 ranking over FSU, the second week of College Football Playoff rankings have finally been released. A reminder that the polls will continue to come out every Tuesday night at 7:00 ET on ESPN leading up to the reveal of which four teams are headed to the CFP on December 31st. Without further ado, let's take a look at the rankings.
1. Clemson -- the Tigers are rolling through the ACC after topping Florida State this past Saturday
2. Alabama -- the Tide rolled over Leonard Fournette and LSU to solidify their playoff standing
3. Ohio State -- the Buckeyes are still undefeated but have played down to their competition; can the Illini spring an upset?
4. Notre Dame -- the Fighting Irish have only lost once this year - and that was by two points to No. 1 Clemson
"First Four Out"
5. Iowa -- how about them Hawkeyes?? They are still undefeated after topping Indiana on the road
6. Baylor -- the Bears are still the highest-scoring team in the nation, despite losing their starting quarterback
7. Stanford -- the only blemish on the Cardinal record was an early-season loss at Northwestern
8. Oklahoma State -- the Cowboys might be under ranked if anything; they're still undefeated
The Rest of the Pack
|13. Michigan State||8-1|
|16. Florida State||7-2|
|17. Mississippi State||7-2|
|23. North Carolina||8-1|
What do you think of the initial CFP rankings? Drop by in the comments below to give us your thoughts!