2015 Schedule & Results
|Record: 5-0 | Second-order wins (diff.): 4.0 (-1.0) | S&P+ Rk: 23|
|Date||Opponent||Opp. S&P+ Rk||Score||W-L||Percentile
|12-Sep||at Iowa State||53||31-17||W||85%||11.6||90%|
|Date||Opponent||Opp. S&P+ Rk||Win
|10-Oct||Illinois||31||62%||W||5.2||25.1 - 19.9||5.62|
|17-Oct||at Northwestern||29||45%||L||-2.3||19.9 - 22.2||6.07|
|31-Oct||Maryland||83||88%||W||20.6||35.1 - 14.5||6.95|
|7-Nov||at Indiana||55||62%||W||5.4||33.0 - 27.6||7.57|
|14-Nov||Minnesota||24||59%||W||3.9||24.7 - 20.7||8.16|
|21-Nov||Purdue||75||84%||W||17.3||35.8 - 18.5||9.00|
|27-Nov||at Nebraska||41||51%||W||0.3||28.1 - 27.8||9.51|
|Points Per Game||32.2||49||15.4||15
- Shockingly, Iowa's adjusted offensive pace is No. 95 in the country. Now is the time to mentally prepare yourselves for a mind-numbingly boring game on Saturday.
- Iowa isn't exactly the best third down team in the country. They perform well on first and second downs -- S&P+ rankings of No. 27 and No. 37, respectively -- but that figure plunges to No. 72.
- Junior quarterback C.J. Beathard has been really good for the Hawkeyes this season; through five games, he's passed for 1,039 YDS (64.1% completion rate) and 7 TD to just 2 INT. But Beathard has also rushed for 221 YDS and 3 TDS while becoming one of Iowa's main ground threats.
- Speaking of the Hawkeye's rushing attack, senior running back Jordan Canzeri already has already gone for 441 YDS and 8 TD this season. He's averaging almost exactly 5.0 yards per carry.
- Matt VandeBerg is the Hawkeyes' leading receiver and he's already hauled in 31 catches for 300 yards and a touchdown on the year. The six-foot-one junior is targeted on 30% of Iowa pass attempts, and he's posted a fairly staggering 79.5% catch rate. The other player to keep an eye on in the passing game is Tevaun Smith (12 REC, 235 YDS, 2 TD), who's targeted 16.9% of the time.
- Junior defensive back Desmond King has caught five of Iowa's six interceptions -- Illinois may want to avoid him as much as possible.
- Senior defensive lineman Drew Ott has 4.0 sacks on the year, and he's the team leader in that department.
- Iowa's team 'Havoc' rate is 18.3%, which ranks them No. 32 in that category. Havoc is the percentage of plays in which a defense either recorded a tackle for loss, forced a fumble, or defensed a pass (intercepted or broken up).
For more, make sure to check out Iowa's advanced stats profile on Football Study Hall.