Do you love Illinois sports? Do you have a keen understanding for what's news? Do you love writing and/or storytelling? Do you want to help build and run the best damn Illinois sports community on the internet, and really make it your own? If so, we want to talk to you.
The Champaign Room's editor, Jack Cassidy, has done a great job, but with real life getting in the way, he's looking to move into more of an editor emeritus type capacity. Accordingly, we're looking for the right manager to helm what could be a big time fall (and beyond) for Illinois.
Our ideal manager will commit to programming an editorial calendar and ensuring the trains run on time, run or assist in running the community social media presence, as well as other administrative duties to promote positive growth goals. Above all else, we want someone who loves Illinois and wants it represented on the SB Nation network in the same light as our other top college sports properties.
In particular, we're looking to hear from those that follow Illinois recruiting (that's always big during the summer, for both hoops and football), Illinois basketball, and Illinois football (though we love non-revenue sports as well).
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong knowledge about Illinois, both current and historical.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write in line with our best practices for growing an audience.
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable coordinating and managing others in a virtual environment.
Previous writing experience is preferred, but not required.
If you'd like to join our team, or would just like more information, please email a resume (and a writing sample, something about sports, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.