Illinois (4-5, 1-4) vs Iowa (6-3, 3-2)
When: Saturday, November 15th | 11:00am CT
Where: Memorial Stadium | Champaign, IL
Television: BTN | Watch Online BTN2Go.com
Opposing SB Nation Blog: Black Heart Gold Pants
Tim Beckman Pregame Press Conference:
Illinois/Iowa Series Notes (via FighingIllini.com):
• Saturday's game between Illinois and Iowa will be the 70th meeting between the two schools, but just the first since 2008. The Fighting Illini pulled out that game, 27-24, behind a 46-yard field goal by Matt Eller with 46 seconds left in the fourth quarter.
• That 2008 Illinois victory snapped a five-game skid against the Hawkeyes and Iowa has won seven of the last 10 meetings in the series, dating back to 1997. Iowa also is 3-2 in the last five meetings in Champaign.
• This will be Illinois coach Tim Beckman's first time coaching against Iowa and his first head-to-head meeting with Hawkeye leader Kirk Ferentz.
• There is one connection among the teams' assistant coaches, as Illini defensive line coach Greg Colby and Hawkeye defensive coordinator Phil Parker served on the Michigan State coaching staff in 1987 that led the Spartans to the Big Ten title that season and the 1988 Rose Bowl.
• Hawkeye receivers coach Bobby Kennedy also served as a graduate assistant at Illinois under John Mackovic in 1991 and Lou Tepper in 1992, helping the Illini to the 1991 John Hancock Bowl and 1992 Holiday Bowl.